Residential Roofing Services in Kansas City
As a homeowner in Kansas City, you don’t need us at Apex Roofing Midwest LLC to tell you how important a solid and sturdy roof is for your home. To put it simply, if you want your home’s structural integrity to stand the test of time irrespective of the gale-forced winds or heavy snowfall that can afflict Kansas City from time to time, then you need to make sure that your roof is up to the job. At Apex Roofing Midwest LLC, we take immense pride in what we do and it is this commitment to excellence that elevates our service above other residential roofing teams in the area. Don’t settle for second best when the number one team in the area are here and available for you to use. Call our Kansas City office today and we will do our utmost to deliver real and lasting results for your home.
What is Single Ply Roofing?
In general, single ply roofing can be defined as a roofing type that is designed to be installed in one layer. This unique type of roofing can be designed using a wide range of materials but in general, irrespective of what material is used, it will contain great flexibility while also being extremely resistant to UV radiation. In most cases, single ply roofs can be categorized into two groups: thermosets and thermoplastics. Thermostat membraned roofs are compounded from synthetic rubber polymers and EPDM is the most obvious roof type. Thermoset roofs are usually a better fit for larger roofing areas as their manufacturing size is idea to reduce or minimize seams. By contrast, thermoplastic membranes generally need to be hot-air welded together to form cohesive laps. Two of the most commonly used thermoplastic single-ply membrane roofing options include PVC and TPO.
Pros and Cons of Single Ply Roofing
At Apex Roofing Midwest LLC, we take immense pride in the honest and transparent service that we guarantee as standard for all our residential customers. When it comes to something as important as the roof on your Kansas City home, you really need to be certain about the pros and cons of all your options so as to make the most informed choice possible. When it comes to single ply wood there are pros and cons. Some of the most pressing points on both sides of the divide include:
- Excellent against acid rain and other unusual meteorological discharges.
- Perfect for climates that have dramatic water changes.
- A very lightweight product that can be installed quickly and easily.
- Affordable rates and prices that make it very economically viable to install or repair.
- The thinner surface of single ply roofing can make it very easy to punctuate.
- Compared to other roofing types, single ply roofing has a relatively short lifespan.
- Seam problems can arise from time to time and will take professionals assistance to correct.
- Over time, single-ply roofs can become susceptible to water retention problems that can cause damage to the interior of your home.